New bloggers generally don’t know about the dofollow and nofollow links and their importance. In this post, I am going to tell you all the about these essential SEO tools. I am going to discuss their importance in this post.
What is dofollow and nofollow links? What are their importance? The answer is here:
A dofollow links are the one that passes the “SEO strength” or pagerank of the page to the website that links with your blog. Dofollow links pass the Google love and that results in increasing your pagerank and Search Engine Result can increase more easily.
These are the links that doesn’t provide other websites to gain your page rank link. These don’t pass the google love to your website.
But this doesn’t mean that they are not important.
For example: There is a website which do not have any links to it, where as there is a website with 5-10 nofollow links. Google will prefer second website over first as it will provide more trust.
These links also help in increasing your website traffic.
What is importance of both?
Here is the list of advantages of dofollow links:
- If your website is linked to another website having good Google Page rank, then this link will help in increasing your page rank.
- it helps in increasing the traffic to your blog.
- Dofollow link helps in increasing your website Search engine results.
These links are not followed by the bots, but still they are important, not as important as dofollow, but also not less than it. So, you must work on both type of links.
- These links help in building a link with other website, which increases trust of your website.
- It helps in increasing your website traffic, as one person doesn’t know whether a link is no-follow or do-follow directly when viewing, so they click on the link and such traffic to your website can increase.
How to increase these links?
You can increase your no-follow and do-follow links following methods:
- Guest posting
- Commenting on do-follow websites.
- Building up relationship with other blogs and getting links from them.
- By commenting on other blogs
- Responding on forums.
Check if a link is do-follow or no-follow
You can check if a link on any website is no-follow or do-follow by visiting website: SEOmoz Toolbar
Download this toolbar to your browser and check if the link is do-follow or no-follow.
Originally posted 2013-05-13 13:30:00.