Previous Post:Top 15 Free Professional Blog templates
In previous post we had provide you with best list of themes for blogger. Now here in this post we will discuss about “what is SEO? How to search engine optimization?” Now many bloggers don’t know about search engine optimization and many don’t know how to optimize your website.
What is SEO?
SEO is search engine optimization. It is the process of getting free, organic, and high quality traffic to your website from search engines and social networking websites.
All the search engines like Google, Yahoo/Bing, Ask etc. have their algorithms to check the quality of your posts and websites and rank them on the search results. Now search engine optimization is the main process by which you can improve your search results from these search engines.
How to search engine optimization?
Now there are two types of search engine optimization techniques:
1. On-Page optimization
It includes all the steps that helps to optimize your posts and website by editing title tags, including perfect keywords to your blog posts, description tags, alt tags etc.
For detailed study on on-page optimization techniques refer: Best On Page SEO Optimization Tips: Must Follow
2. Off-page optimization
The second category is off-page optimization. In this technique the tricks of link building, content sharing and traffic generating process take main role.
For more detailed study on Off-Page optimization refer: Off Page Optimization Techniques in SEO
What are things Search engines look for in the website?
The different things that search engines are always looking for in the websites are:
- Great quality content
- Speed of your website
- Performance of your website
- Traffic to your posts
- How does the website looks and is it attractive.
Things Search engine hates
Now there is one more kind of SEO that has very adverse affect on your blog: which is Black Hat SEO.
The Search engine can ban your website for using these type of tricks. This SEO contains some of the process like:
- Keyword Stuffing
- Auto backlinking
- Purchased links etc
For detailed study follow: What are Black hat tricks? Are they helpful or not
How to optimize your blog posts?
To optimize your blog post some steps must be kept in mind:
- Use highly searched keywords in your posts.
- Highlight your keywords for better grab from search engine bots.
- Optimize your images.
- Use plugins in WordPress.
For detailed study on this topic follow: How to Add Keywords In Blogger: SEO
Here is the list of different topics that you must give a look on for learning SEO fully:
- How to work on Organic Search engine optimization
- SEO techniques that you should avoid
- How to index blog posts faster on Google-SEO
- SEO title Tags for blogger: Boost your SEO
- List of Best SEO tools for Blogger: Complete List
- How to add Title Tag and alt tag to images in blogger for making them SEO rich
- How to integrate SEO with social networks: Best Tips
- Best On Page SEO Optimization Tips: Must Follow
- Off Page Optimization Techniques in SEO- Best one
- Best Plugin for SEO in WordPress 2013 : Must watch list
These are all the tips for search engine optimization of your blog. So, just follow all the above steps and your website will be fully optimized. So, I hope this article was helpful for you. So, do provide us your valuable response by commenting and sharing the post.
In our next tutorial we will discuss about the Google webmasters.